Thursday, June 17, 2010

Nothing like a newborn to remind of the joy of rest

Here's a good example of why I've changed the focus of this blog- it changed my own frame of mind. Instead of writing about exhaustion i will instead focus on how not taking sleep for granted has helped me rediscover the joy of rest!

I pick rest over sleep because, well sleep is harder to focus on, but rest can be a breath, a snooze, a pause... And it can be savored.

Here's what I'm working on to rest
- sleep when the baby sleeps (old and sage advice)
- ask my husband when I need help
- give myself permission to take time for me (in my world that means time for yoga, showers, eating and reading)

What do you do to incorporate rest into a crazy life?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment