Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Journey back to fit

During my pregnancy I exercised regularly. I truly believe that 1, this helped me stay sane, and 2, was key to a natural and smooth labor. One of the hardest things for me mentally was to lose "ability" over time. So, first trimester I was spinning and doing cardio 30 minutes twice a week and by 32 weeks I was down to two power yoga sessions and two 20 minute light cardio sessions. By 36 weeks it was just the power yoga plus walking. At 38 weeks it was just walking.

Now I'm heading back the way I came, instead of trying to go back right where I was when I got pennant and getting frustrated, I've decided to build back my routine changes in reverse - and i will find joy in the journey back, each regaining of ability will be a celebration. This week I completed two power yoga sessions plus alternate day walks! I'll keep this routine until 6 weeks postpartum and then bring back a cardio session - working back to 2...

Will share as i go...

How do you find joy in respecting your body's abilities?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment