Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Go with the flow

I tried at first putting jack on a schedule like the baby whisperer suggests. I found I was so stressed put that I couldn't get him to conform to eating every three hours or napping an hour and a half 10times a day.



Jeez, when you think about it, he's a person, and everyday will be different for him. Heck, I don't feel the same way everyday, why should he?

So, new mindset. I've decided my job as a mom is to get to know him the best I can. And from that knowledge I promise to help him be his happiest best self. Some days that might mean comfort nursing when he has a tummy ache or extra playtime when he's energetic. I hope if I teach him to tune into and foster his natural energy then I'm giving him the best lessons for a content life!

So cheers to the joy of listening and observing. Out with training and somebody's idea of normal who doesn't even know him!

What rules do you break in favor of your gut feel?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment