Friday, March 05, 2010

Musings from a week away

I've been away on vacation this week. Every march we visit my grandparents in Florida. Lots of time to think and reflect - I'll share a few thoughts and quickly and elaborate more in the next few days. As I write this I'm on my iPhone so apologies in advance for any bad typos!

1. There is a big opportunity for airlines to get good service at an affordable price down as a business model. And no, I don't think jetBlue or southwest have got it

2. If you are pregnant and feeling depressed about your growing self (as I was earlier this week) try getting yourself photographed by a pro- suddenly I felt beautiful and proud

3. One of the distinct advantages of living in upstate NY in the winter is when you go to Florida and it's in the upper 60s it feels fabulous! And the complaining floridians sound so ridiculous in their winter coats!

4. A vacation can still be a vacation even if you do have to work a little (caveat: this probably only applies if you like your job)

5. Competent colleagues with whom you have mutual trust and can laugh with are worth more than gold (see 4.)

6. Yoga is a lifesaver for post travel prenatal aches

7. I miss wine. A lot.

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment